W.I.S.E. UP!: A Tool to Empower Youth to Handle Questions/Comments about Adoption
A popular tool developed by Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.) to empower adopted children is the W.I.S.E. UP! program for handling comments and questions about adoption. W.I.S.E. UP! gives children, teens, and parents the power to choose comfortable ways to communicate about adoption with others. This program has spread across the country and internationally as children have embraced its simplicity and power to address the consistent challenge of explaining adoption and their adoption stories.
Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.): http://adoptionsupport.org/
- W.I.S.E. UP! http://adoptionsupport.org/store/wise-up-sm-powerbook/
- Walk away
- It’s private
- Share a little something
- Educate or Explain about Adoption in General
- Training for Adoption Competency (TAC)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative (NTI)
- Kid’s Adoption Network (K.A.N.)K.A.N. is a program that provides opportunities for groups of children, teens, and adoptive parents to share their common questions, experiences and challenges around adoption in a safe, supportive environment.