Getting Ready For Bed At Night
Bedtime is very important. You need 10 hours of sleep. Mom and Dad need at least 8 hours of sleep. And Mommy and Daddy need adult time after 9:00. If bedtime takes a lot longer than it should, then everyone may be too tired and cranky to do other fun things the next day or week. So use this time wisely!
|Extra preparation items (make lunch) and homework should be done by 8pm.||Week nights||Weekend|
|1.Go up by 8pm on week nights or before early adventures (may be later on weekends)
|2.Bed by 8:30 pm. No playing. Low voices.
|3.Extra preparation (about 5-15 + minutes each)
- Know your own bedtime and start going to bed at that time without being asked.
- Do things quickly. No fussing, fighting or delaying.
- Going to sleep should take less than one hour
- Getting ready for bed FASTER and going to sleep early or on time can earn STAY UP time
- Try putting yourself to sleep at least one to two times a week (2X)
Before you sleep, try to think of ONE THING you are THANKFUL or
GRATEFUL for in your life (and WHY, if you can)! “I am thankful for…..? because…….?
- “I am thankful for making a new friend today BECAUSE it made the park more fun!
- “I am grateful for playing on the playground BECAUSE playing always makes me happy!”